Heat and Power Programme Director
c .£100,000 + benefits
Tottenham Hale, London
The North London Heat and Power Project is well underway.
We have the development consent order to build a new energy recovery facility (and associated assets) in Edmonton, north London, replacing our existing facility which is 47 years old. Activity on the project is now accelerating. The focus is moving to commissioning and delivering physical works on site, with the overall project value in the hundreds of millions of pounds over the next 8 to 10 years.
We therefore need an experienced Programme Director to lead this hugely exciting initiative. Though you’ll be in the driving seat from beginning to end, you’ll report directly to the NLWA’s Managing Director and have great support from the team, which has energetically driven the project to its current stage.
In charge of overall programme management, you’ll handle the budget, risks and advisers, and shape a team to deliver the overall project. The construction plan comes in multiple stages and needs to be handled in a way which minimizes the impact on the current plant. It’s important to maintain current operations and ensure a smooth transition from the old plant to the new. This is an incredibly worthwhile project, serving over two million residents and providing a sustainable, efficient waste treatment solution.
It’s crucial that you’ve tackled an infrastructure project of this size and complexity before. We’re looking for the ability to manage a major civil engineering project from development to construction. Knowledge of current construction techniques and industry trends would therefore be a big advantage.
This is a real opportunity for you to make your mark and demonstrate personal leadership in delivery. You’ll shape and grow a team to take forward the project, benefit from the expertise of existing staff and inspire the confidence of Members as they oversee the construction of an exciting new energy recovery facility.
We want you to love working at NLWA. Below are just some of the benefits you can expect when you join us.
- A competitive salary; plus we also reward you for your performance and contribution to the business through our annual variable payment scheme.
- A strong flexible working culture which is critical to the delivery of high quality and value for money service.
- An interest-free season ticket / travelcard loan scheme.
- A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old
- A competitive pension which offers death in service benefits and ill health retirement provisions
- 30 days' annual leave entitlement and the option to buy additional annual leave plus bank holidays
For more information please visit: